For this activity you might need to add a couple of things to your grocery shopping list. Otherwise just use what you have in the pantry.
What you need:
-a pack of plain sweet biscuits (cookies) like Marie or Milk Arrowroot.
- icing sugar
- food colouring
- assorted small lollies and hundreds & thousands
1. Mix 3 small bowls with icing sugar and a drop of milk to make spreadable icing.
2. Tint icing with food colouring to create 3 different colours.
3. Place lollies and 100s&1000s in small bowls.
4. Give children a small spatula or butter knife to allow them to spread icing on the biscuit.
5. Allow them to decorate as desired.
This is great fun but be prepared - it may get very messy! My kids adore this activity, I usually save it up for when Anna has a friend to come over and play.
Variations - make cupcakes and allow kids to decorate them. Use the oval shaped milk arrowroot biscuits and decorate them to create Easter Egg biscuits.
More school holiday activity ideas here!