The tea towel. Such a humble kitchen necessity. Its primary function maybe to wipe dishes, but they are after all, a piece of fabric, and these days some of the designs and colours are so beautiful it seems a crime to use them as a cleaning cloth.
So today I've done a round up of some fabulous things you can make with tea towels!
1. Use as a practical and eco-friendly gift wrap - perfect for wrapping a cook book! Idea found here at thekitchn.com.
2. Make a cute apron using this great tutorial at Skip to My Lou
3. Make an awesome cushion cover using this tutorial by Magdalena from The Craft Revival.
4. Frame a tea towel to make some stunning art for your space, using this tutorial from House 8810.
5. Make a sweet little girl's skirt using this quick and easy tutorial by Hayley from Welcome to the Mouse House.
6. Cuteness overload - use this fabulous tutorial by Obsessively Stitching to make a toddler bathrobe! Love!
7. Make a tote bag using this easy tutorial by Anna Maria Horner.
8. Make a stylish plastic bag organiser using this Martha Stewart tutorial.
9. Make a cute sun hat using this free pattern and tutorial by Elizabeth Abernathy.
10. And of course I couldn't do a tea towel round up without including my Postcard Pinafore tutorial!
So there you have it - sewing fun with tea towels! Next time you are shopping you will have to check out the selection at your local store!
Have you made a project from a tea towel? Share the link in the comments, I'd love to see it!